Monday, April 16, 2012

Welcome Spring!

I've been feeling creative lately.  I don't know if it's the fresh air coming in through open windows, the amazing colors of spring popping up in our yard and all around me or just knocking the cobwebs of winter off but it feels so good.  Wanted to share just a little of what I've been up to in the painted furniture area recently.

Pretty disappointed I've somehow lost the before pictures so just a little after today on the first two projects.  Little girl's rocker is so sweet.  Started out dark wood with lots of nicks and scratches but now it's cotton candy pink.


    

Still trying to decide if this once ashtray stand is now a plant stand or large candlestick?  I like it with a glass hurricane on top.  Great farmhouse yellow color and screams Spring!

Don't let the photo fool you it stands about 3 feet high
Tried out a new method of a paint & primer together then finished by distressing and glazing with a dark stain.  Really liked how much it speed up the process because the worst part of this hobby is the wwwwaaaaiiiiiitttttting for paint to dry. 

My mom found this footstool for $2 at a garage sale (which was the ugliest before photo and of course I found this one)  Adorned the gloves to disassemble the nasty material and padding but with just a little paint and half a yard of new fresh fabric it's pretty fabulous!



I'll use any excuse not to Spring clean and these little projects have worked so far!

1 comment: