Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Nightstand Take 2

Remember a couple of weeks ago when I painted and used the tea cart from my Grandma as a nightstand in the guest bedroom?  Well, the other side of the bed was feeling kinda of lonely so I put together another nightstand....actually this one was started quite awhile ago but like most projects it kinda of stalled out and is getting jump started again this week.

Several months ago while shopping at Joanie's Junk (yes - that place again & I promise a full post dedicated entirely to the store and the amazing Joanie soon but not today..I know... I'm sorry)  I spied three vintage suitcases.  We stacked them on the floor and it dawned on me they could be a nightstand for the guestroom.  However, three was just too tall so I nixed one suitcase and picked up this low bench instead.


When put together they are the perfect height for a nightstand.  A coat or two of white paint and a little distressing occurred then added the suitcases.  Ta Da!!

Don't let it get past you that the trim on the bottom suitcase is the exact same color as the walls....just happened....but I just LOVE details like that!

So to finish it up I'm shopping for just a little lamp to add a modern touch.  Not sold on this lamp so it's going back to Target but threw it in for the pic.  The pillow is there to show you the accent color I'm using and hope to put some of it up behind the nightstand in wall art.  The muted orange is gorgeous and again adds some modern to contrast all the rustic I have going on here.

It's a little funky, not every one's definition of beautiful but I REALLY like it (Abby doesn't) so it will stay for awhile and when the mood strikes get taken apart and moved to new places in our haven.

1 comment:

  1. What in the world is this place "Joanie's Junk" all about?!?!?? Is that the same place that my husband affectionately refers to as "The Crap Shack"?
    You MUST tell us more! :)

    ReplyDelete