Monday, November 21, 2011

Joanie's Junk Part I

I got to spend the weekend in one of my favorite places....Clay County, KS.  I grew up there, my family is there and it will always be home.  I could go on and on about the beauty of the country, the quiet and slow pace of life I feel while visiting but this post is actually about my favorite place to shop when I'm home.  If you've read very many posts before I go on and on about Joanie's Junk so today you get to see photos and learn more about Joanie and her AMAZING shop!



Joanie specializes in rustic and refined home furnishings.  She buys furniture and really great junk at auctions, estate sales or any other place she can find potentially beautiful things.  She can take a piece of furniture, most would discard, and turn it into a piece that steals all the attention in your home.

She opened her first shop across from her current location in Morganville, KS seven years ago this month.  Five years ago she bought an old bank building and with the help of her husband Marc turned it into the awesomeness it is today.

This weekend she hosted a Christmas Open House and the place was so amazing.  Everywhere I looked there was a Christmas tree decorated in everything from ice skates to deer antlers.


Joanie had decked out the halls with ornaments, wreaths and lights.



She made this wreath out of sheet music....gorgeous!



Have I mentioned before how much I love black distressed furniture?  That obsession started at Joanie's.....


If I could have loaded up the minivan with all of the goodies I wanted Joanie would have had to keep the kids...sounds fair to me!

(yes, that is my van out the window)

Okay, here is the crazy part I have enough photos to do a whole other post on Joanie's tomorrow...that's how much is in her shop and truly beautiful it all is.  If you haven't already, visit Joanie's Junk on Facebook or even better make the trip out to Morganville, KS to check out her goods.  She is open on Saturdays from 10:00-2:00 however she will be closed this Saturday November 26th (she has a gorgeous family too that deserve some of her time)  Stay tuned for part II tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment