Friday, November 11, 2011

The On-going To Do List

Do any of you, like me, have a to do list that never seems to get done?  This week I actually walked around our house and wrote down things that need done in each room....after being totally overwhelmed by that list I decided to focus on the basement.  Then I was overwhelmed by that list so I decided to focus on the guest room just to get started again after hitting a little home DIY slump the past couple of weeks.


We finished the construction of this room a few months ago but it still needs some TLC. It's livable, even functional but not quite done.  This is where I usually hit a wall.... right before the finish line.  It needs lamps, more bedding and just a few items to make it unique.  Here's a little peak at what I'm determined to finish up this weekend.



Bought these shutters for $3 at an estate sale.  So far I have painted but resisted distressing...we'll see if I last the weekend without sandpaper. Hoping to add some fun pulls and hang on the wall as "art".



My mom bought the tray at a yard sale and gave it to me over a year ago.  Yep, it hung around long enough to get painted this week.  Adding it to my suitcase nightstand with one of the "new" lamps.  Really like the material I picked up at Hancock Fabric for new lampshades.  Also trying out self -adhesive lamps shades for the first time.  So far so good.  No adhesive spray and comes with a template...that alone is worth a few extra bucks!!

All this along with finishing up some things in the office have created a pretty long to do list for the weekend but first I get to go celebrate a birthday with a brand new 7 year-old!


Happy Birthday Julia!!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that my daughter has survived being posted on this blog without being painted OR sanded.
    :)

    ReplyDelete