Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pumpkin Love

I haven't bought any pumpkins yet this year but I'm thinking that will change this weekend!  My porch feels naked without them.  Dawn across the street is winning the pumpkin war with several on hers making it so festive!!

My dirty little secret though is that I really don't like to carve pumpkins.  Bob is great about doing it with the kids and gets very detailed and creative.  I on the other hand will use anything handy to keep me from having to scrape pumpkin guts but still get fun pumpkins this time of year.  So today I thought about last years favorite pumpkins and wanted to share.....


This one was the menu at our Halloween Chili Party.  A Sharpie marker and no dirty hands :)


The same pumpkin then got a coat of spray paint and a message of "Give Thanks"  The little one next to it was beautiful in gold.


T for Turner or T for Thanksgiving either way it's fun.




The Polka dot was my favorite!  Add one more to the top of a terra cotta pot and it's a Fall vignette (fancy talk for a grouping).




Okay I changed my mind...this one Abby did is my FAVORITE!!!!  In addition to being adorable she has a heart for Jesus that brings tears to my eyes.  Her faith shines brighter than the glow of this pumpkin!

I've stolen borrowed some ideas from blogland for some very cool pumpkins this year and I'll be sharing sometime soon.  What are your favorite ways to dress up a pumpkin?

No comments:

Post a Comment