Friday, September 2, 2011

Sneak Peek

I'm keeping it short today because I get to pack for a fun weekend!  I have numerous projects going on right now but the big one hanging over my head is this AMAZING desk that Bob brought home a couple of weeks ago.  Gasp!  Yes, Bob brought it home and it doesn't have anything to do with "his" garage.  I'll give you the full story when it's done (fingers crossed) because it's pretty great.  From the little bit of research I did it was made in Chicago sometime between 1950-1970.  The most charming part is it's a dual desk which also means it's huge!  Basically two desks put together with drawers for two and everything.  It's been well loved and used but that means I am drawn to it even more.




The not so great part is how my big mouth has me freaking out a little about finishing it.  The other night Bob, one of our neighbors and I were admiring the desk which takes up the third stall of our garage.  Someone asked when are you going to have it finished?  I think my exact words were "I'll have it done and in the office by October 1st."  As I said it I was cringing inside.  Did that really just come out of my mouth???  Next week I dive into the cleaning, repairing and sanding of this beauty.  Meanwhile, what do you think about paint?  White, black or something totally different?

Have a GREAT weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment