Monday, September 12, 2011

Two Crafties (Is that a made up word?)

Fall hit hard this weekend at Havenhurst Haven!  I pulled out the Fall décor, cleared mantles then refilled them with anything orange and put out countless pinecones.  All the Fall frenzy also included two quick and crafty projects I wanted to share.

Last weekend while at Joanie’s Junk in Morganville, KS, I picked up a burlap potato sack that had great red type on the front that read Sweetwater.  The red lettering on it reminded me of a Pepsi crate I had recently found at a garage sale so I decided they needed to be together in our front entry.  For only $5.00 I brought the sack home!  Joanie’s is AMAZING and very soon I plan to do a whole post about all the goodies in our home from there but until then if you want more info about how to find Joanie’s let me know…I can hook you up!!  Anyway back to the sack, I bought a king size pillow, stuffed it in a neutral pillowcase then the whole thing went in the burlap sack.  I simply stitched up the open end then hand-stitched across the top and bottom to make it fit just a little snugger.



About 10 years ago I made my one and only true Pottery Barn purchase.  We were in Kansas City with friends when I spotted these purple glass candlesticks.  At the time we had just bought new furniture, in purple, and I thought they were perfect plus the only thing I could afford in the store!



You can see from the layers of dust they have been sitting on a shelf for quite some time.  Still pretty but don’t fit our décor as much anymore.  I bought some sisal rope for just a few dollars.



With a glue gun in hand I wrapped the rope around the base of the candlesticks.  Best part is that Aidan decided to craft along with me….his project involved paper, lots of glue and googly eyes.



Here’s the finished projects put in their place for Fall.





Are you decorating for Fall yet?  Now all I need is a pumpkin muffin for the full Fall experience!

1 comment:

  1. Did you say PUMPKIN MUFFIN?!?!????!!!
    :)

    My fall decorating this weekend consisted of moving my bedroom back out of the kitchen/living room after getting new carpet. Had a small flood in the north end of the trailerhood this week. No Sweetwater was involved.

    Yours looks much better!

    ReplyDelete