Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Touches of Fall

Decorating for Fall is one of my favorite things.  Maybe because I enjoy the season so much or it makes me feel like our home is getting cozy for the coming cold weather and many more hours spent inside.  Whatever the reason I enjoy it.  I try not to go overboard and just add little touches here and there...



Something for the table top.  Fillers for some jars on the mantle in the kitchen/dining area but almost everything includes pine cones.  I'm such a sucker for the little elements from nature being brought indoors.

The mantle in the living room usually gets the biggest makeover because it's fun and easy to change up.  This year I added the bronze frames, wreath over the tin square, amazing blue glass jars (recently bought at Joanie's!) and of course oversized pine cones!



I did get one other new Fall arrangement this year.....


It's my favorite too!  Bob and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary yesterday and I couldn't be more blessed.  He's an amazing husband and showed up with this floral arrangement.  He took the time to pick all my favorite Fall colors and flowers :)

There are a few other touches of Fall here and there throughout the house but not many.  Other than adding some pumpkins to the front porch with a few other little goodies I'm done decorating. 

I am ready to focus on other fun aspects of Fall.....pumpkin patches with the kids, pumpkin spice lattes, sitting around the fire pit on chilly evenings with Bob and making LOTS of pumpkin muffins. 



No comments:

Post a Comment